The end of the school year is not the end of activities for our students at St. Anthony. We have a wonderful assortment of summer activities for all our students, from our KRP Summer Camp to our Blue Gold Summer Camp for older students. Our camps are intended to give children the opportunity to grow, explore and connect with their peers through a theme-based educational and interactive program.
KRP Summer Camp
Our KRP Summer Camp is for children ages 3-5, open to both our KRP students and the general public. This is a full day program, Monday thru Friday, running from 7am to 6pm. All children must be potty trained to attend and parents must supply snacks and lunches for their children. Some of the activities included in this camp are:
•A well-balanced fun enrichment program that promotes intellectual, emotional, and social development of the young child.
•Weekly themes that engage children in fun exploration and discovery (Themes change from summer to summer; examples-pirates, zoo play, gardening, dinosaurs, fantastic frogs, ocean, and trains)
•Children work on readiness skills through hands-on activities with art and center exploration
.•A weekly fun "Water Play Day" with wading pools and sprinklers
•Age appropriate field trips planned throughout the summer. (Picnic in the park, aquarium, Morgan's Wonderland, Transportation Museum to name a few)
•A great opportunity for new students entering the school program in the fall to get a feel for the school!
Blue & Gold Summer Camp for Elementary & Middle School
We offer an intellectually stimulating summer camps that is also fun and exciting for our elementary and middle school students. Each summer we have different activities planned for each week, including field trips, arts & crafts, swimming, science projects, gardening and much, much more.
Some of the activities include:
• Swimming - Twice a week
• Baking/Cooking - Every Tuesday
• Earth celebrations - Every Monday with an earth day activity
• Animal awareness - Caring for summer camp pets and awareness activities through Wildlife and Rescue
• Reading - We keep the campers reading and writing skills sharp during camp. We journal daily and participate in 30 minutes of D.E.A.R. time.
• Social Studies - We learn of a new country weekly by participating in a monthly subscription to Little Passports. Through the experiences and travels of two friends we come to learn about a country and its culture by doing different activities.
• Hiking – We work with Parks and Recreation to get children outdoors and active learning about native plants and trees to our area as well as wildlife
• Water Conservation and awareness – Students work with S.A.R.A (San Antonio River Authority) to bring awareness about our river and water
• Field trips – We add fun field trips for campers such as bowling, movies, trampoline park, etc.
We have different summer camp programs, including full day, half day and drop-in options. Contact our summer camp director for more details on the current summer camp enrollment fees and curriculum options.